destination IDEAS: GET OUTSIDE TOGETHER
Read on for mini-guides to some of our favorite family-friendly destinations. Each has a curated list of the best things to do plus places to eat and stay that everyone in your family can enjoy. Because some of these places have so many options, I’ve also added 4-Day itineraries to help spark some ideas for how to group options together.
Our guides aim to be heavy on outdoor time. Though we enjoyed the occasional neighborhood walk in the before-times, we now know that letting ourselves play outside, be silly, and overcome challenges as a group brings us closer together. And for me, that’s the whole point of family travel.
Enjoy the guides and get ready to start planning your next amazing family getaway!
Not sure where to start? Click here for an interactive map to get a visual of our current guide locations.
California Destination Guides
- Rock City at Mt. Diablo State Park: Adventure through Time
- Uvas Canyon Waterfall Loop: Family Waterfall Fun
- Villa Montalvo: Easy Day Hikes, Hidden Art, and Beautiful Nature
- Top 10 Things to Do in Avila Beach with Kids (+ Itinerary)
- Pinnacles National Park: Day Trip Guide
- Point Lobos: Hikes You Don’t Want to Miss
- Weekend in Santa Barbara Mini-Guide (Top 15 Things to Do + Itineraries)
- Top 20 Things to Do in Solvang with Kids (+ Itinerary)